|To reach us:
- From the airport take the E 60 to the north via Ploieşti, Sinaia, Buşteni and Azuga. Just before Predeal, drive over the bridge and turn left at the sign: Pârâul Rece and. From there follow the map on this page
- If travelling by train from Bucharest, leave the train at Predeal, where taxis can be found (15 minutes to C.O.).
- Cycle hire available nearby
- Predeal offers banking facilities, cash-point, post office, doctor, restaurants, etc.
- Predeal - is a good starting point for walks and mountaineering. There are chair-lifts operating in summer and winter offering outstanding vistas of the area, also giving access to high level walking.
- Braşov (30 minutes) is a smart town with a chequered history where one can find many shops and restaurants. Not to be missed in the old town are the Black Church (Biserica Neagră) and St. Nicholas Church with the School Museum.
Nearby is the top ski resort of Poiana Braşov.
A little further on are Hărman and Prejmer, ancient fortified settlements dating back to the 13th C.
- Bran Castle (20 min), guardian of the Transilvanian Pass, gateway to the Legend of Dracula is a must!
- Sinaia (30 min):
Peleş Castle in its beautiful setting, one of the most magnificent royal residences in Europe, warrants a visit. Explore the estate and gardens at your leisure.
Vila Luminiş or The House of George Enescu, foremost composer of Romania, is open to the public.
- Sighisoara, Sibiu, rural landscapes and lifestyle, explore at your will. A visit to Bucharest will take a whole day.